As human beings, we thrive on touch. Touch is the very first sense to emerge in utero, and is the sense which is most developed at birth.
For generations, cultures all over the world have practiced and utilized baby massage to relieve many common, childhood discomforts. As your baby’s first form of communication, healthy, nurturing touch meets his/her need for physical contact, affection, security, stimulation and movement.
Infant massage is simple, nurturing touch
given to a child by his/her parents and/or caregivers, providing the opportunity for them to communicate love, comfort, care, and support for their child through the power of touch.
Infant massage CAN
- Promote bonding
- Help your baby fall asleep faster, sleep deeper, and longer
- Ease digestion, gas, and constipation
- Reduce crying
- Instill body awareness, self-esteem, and respect
- Promote relaxation through the release of nurturing hormones such as Oxytocin
- Ease communication by tuning you into your babies verbal and non-verbal cues
- Aid in healthy weight gain
- Enhance neurological development
- Improve circulation, muscle tone, and respiratory output
- Uplift and enliven you as the caregiver
- Empower dads, grandparents, and other caregivers with tools to soothe and connect with baby in the early months
Classes are fun, hands-on, and typically taught in a one-hour, group class format over the course of three weeks.
You are the absolute best person to give massage to your baby and will massage your own baby during class. One-on-one Infant Massage sessions are also available, as well as In-Home "parties" for you and your friends. Infant Massage instruction is a great activity for baby showers, Mother’s/Father’s Day luncheons, first year birthday parties, and more!
WHEN One hour classes, once/week for three-week series
AGE three-weeks-old+ (It’s great for older children too!)
COST $125/series (Approx. $35/class. Cost varies depending on class location)
Any family is welcome in any class!
if desired, specialty classes are available for:
- Adoptive Parents
- Expecting/Pregnant Couples
- Sibling Preparedness/Toddlers
- Special Healthcare Needs
- LGBTQI Families
- Working Parents
- Events: baby showers, 1st birthday parties, etc.
In addition to being a Certified Massage Therapist (CMT) and Certified Infant Massage Teacher (CIMT), Jillian also studied Music Therapy and worked as a Ropes Course Facilitator for many years; weaving playfulness, social interaction, and spontaneity into all her classes and sessions. She loves working with little ones and their families, and can’t wait to see your smiling faces in class soon.
sacramento infant massage has a facebook page!
Click the button to visit and LIKE us for not only updates on classes and local social events, but also parenting articles, health and wellness for children, and more!
To learn about Jillian’s work with infants and children in the warm water pool, visit the Children's page.
what participants are saying
Infant Massage sessions and classes make a fabulous baby shower/push present, or 1st birthday gift! As do Wastu® Aquatic Massage Sessions! Email Jillian for details and to have a customized certificate emailed directly to you or the lucky recipient.